Cozy up with family or friends-like-family while the turkeys and pies are baking (or your favorite pumpkin pie candle is glowing!) to watch the 2020 reimagined Thanksgiving Day parade! The local performance groups and #STLMade destinations highlighted throughout will start your holiday with a smile.
2020 has proven to be anything but a traditional year, but rest assured, our tradition of providing our region with the kickoff to the holiday season will continue!
Just in a slightly different fashion…
It is our desire to help keep all of our patrons and their families safe and happy as we face unprecedented challenges, challenges which prevent us from convening in person on Market Street on Thanksgiving Day, as we have for almost 40 years.
So, with the help of our sponsors and creative teams, we are working hard to bring a virtual parade to you, in the form of an hour long telecast on our sponsor station, KMOV, at 10:00 am on Thanksgiving Day.
But, we can’t do it without you! We hope you, your friends and families will join us virtually (even in your pajamas) as we Shine a Light on St. Louis attractions and important charitable efforts,, and bring you some of the traditional parade entertainment you have enjoyed with us over the years.
Food for All
Help our entire region shine this holiday season – TEXT FOOD4ALL to 76278 and support the great work St. Louis Area Foodbank is doing to help families in Illinois and Missouri.
***HOLIDAY BONUS! Ameren is committed to matching your donations – up to $100,000! ***
- As families gather together around the table this holiday season, everyone deserves to be included. You can help give our hungry neighbors something to be thankful for – nutritious food.
- The demand for food is greater than ever. Meeting that demand for an extended period will be a significant challenge. But, just as they have been since 1975, STL Area Foodbank is this region’s response to hunger. We are determined to address our community’s needs with continued help from our supporters and partners.
- Before the pandemic, there were more than 368,000 people in eastern Missouri and southern Illinois facing hunger. A new study from Feeding America projects that number to grow by as much as 43% as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. That means an estimated 527,000 people may face hunger in 2020, with approximately 160,000 being children.
- With every $25, the Foodbank can provide 100 meals to area kids, families, and seniors.
- A generous gift of any amount will help St. Louis Area Foodbank build stronger communities by empowering people with food and hope this holiday season.
2020 Honorary Grand Marshals
Meredith Knopp, President and CEO of St. Louis Area Foodbank
Past Honorary Grand Marshals
Flint Fowler of Boys and Girls Clubs (2019)
Dr. Frances Levine, President and CEO of the Missouri Historical Society. (2018)
Bobby Plager – St. Louis Blues (2017)
Michael M. Ward of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial (2017)
Timothy Good of the Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site (2017)
Mr. and Mrs. Tom Voss (2015)
Mr. and Mrs. Tom Voss (2014)
Mary Engelbreit (2013)
Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Jeffrey Bonner (2012)
Harlem Globetrotters, Girl Scouts of America and Vincent Bommarito (2011)
Ernie Hays (2010)
Mike Shannon, Boys Scouts of America (2009)
Major Robert Behnken, NASA (2008)
Marjorie Failoni, Disney’s High School Musical (2007)
Major General Jack Waggoner, US Army (2006)
Taylor Twellman, Nikko Smith, Nancy Kerrigan (2005)
2020 Marching Bands
As part of the annual Ameren Thanksgiving Day Parade, marching bands will be judged on music performance, marching and general effect. Trophies for the top five bands will be awarded to the winners. In addition, a trophy will be awarded to the Outstanding Percussion Section, Outstanding Drum Major and Outstanding Guard Unit. Come cheer them on!
Participating Bands in the 2020 Parade: TBD